It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anything New?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:25 am 
User

Well since there hasn't been any new post here for a while I thought I'd see if there's anything new happening with the members who still use ATS.

I've recently added 3 new T's to my collection. I was trying to down size at one point & I did re-home several but since then I have added again. I'll not go to crazy just add the ones that I'm mostly after.

My new additions are:
Theraphosa stirmi (Burgandy Goliath) - I wanted to replace my Theraphosa blonbi that died last year but they only had a stirmi so I thought close enough at the time.
Aphonopelma hentzi (Texas Brown) - I liked it's look & the price was good so I couldn't help myself.
Aphonopelma sp. (paysoni) (Payson Blonde) - To replace the one that died in 2013.

The next additions I'd like to add are:
Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red Knee) - I had a male that died about 7 months after maturing & would like another young one. He was one of my very first T's when I started.
Brachypelma auratum (Mexican Flame Knee) - I just love the deeper red on their knees.

I'm not sure I'll add any other T's any time soon if I get the two Brachypelmas. To many to want, right guys & gals? I mean they are all beautiful aren't they?

Post subject: Re: Anything New?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 am 
User

Many, too many! If I had the possibility, I'd extend my number of Ts by thousands!!! Anyway, very nice additions you have. T stirmi is hardier than T blondi, it seems, and as big and beautiful. Mine is always showing herself out of her hide, with a lot of attitude.

I love my B smithi, she's the most peaceful T I have so far. Some hair kicking sometimes, but that's all. And auratum are stunning.

Bravo! But now... what's gonna be next??? ;) An arboreal would be very interesting, wouldn't it???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:43 pm 
User

I've lost a couple Ts this winter. I'm afraid I let some cages get a little too dry. Two P. irminia (one was a mature male) and a MM C. darlingi.

So, Now I need to get a couple more irminia. I didn't really have a T want list before that, since I have just about everything I want right now (except a P. metallica). I have about 100 Ts in my collection right now, including approximately 40 H. incei (possibly more) in a communal tank. I have both normals and golds in there (from all normal parents) and I need to separate out the golds into a different tank soon.

Seriously misunderstood creatures, spiders are. It’s the eyes, I reckon. They unnerve some folk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:11 pm 
User

I do have a P. regalis male. He is on loan for breeding right now. One T I didn't know for sure if it was a male or a female until it's last molt was my G. pulcrha. He is on loan too for breeding.

I have a Heteroscodra maculata too. I may get another one or two Arboreals before I'm finished. One never knows.

I have a B. albopilosum male that I'm looking to loan out for breeding. The poor guys going nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 am 
User

Well since I've last been on here my Tarantula count has changed. I have unfortunately lost my P. regalis male. I get very attached to all my animal companions so when I lose one it upsets me. I now know the lifespan of a P. regalis male is short. I will miss him but this happens in the Tarantula World. Maybe I'll get another in the future & hope for a female.

My hopes now are that my G. pulchra male will help produce many young.

Sadly we may be losing our Beloved Dog "Loki". He is Chihuahua mix. He will have had him for 15 years this April. He was born Feb. 28th, 2000.

All my updates for now. Take care everyone.

P.S. Keep those post a coming, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:13 pm 
User

How long did your P. regalis male survive after maturing? I've got a male cohabitating with a female, and he matured last May.

Seriously misunderstood creatures, spiders are. It’s the eyes, I reckon. They unnerve some folk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:37 am 
User

He didn't make it to mating. He died shortly after he was lent him out. He last molted in Aug.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:50 am 
User

My collection has taken a serious turn toward true spiders. Theraphosids will always be dear to my heart, but there's so many cool true spiders out there that are keeping things interesting for me. ( & Facebook took its toll on these boards, but I still come around regardless if I post anything or not ;) )

Heteropoda sp. Sumatra (blue)

Later, Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:29 am 
User

Beautiful Spider! I thought it was a Huntsman. I've never seen one like that before. Were did you acquire it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:07 am 
User

It's a new species a friend and I imported.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:00 am 
User

We lost our "Loki" today. We had to have him euthanized because his body was shutting down & we couldn't let him suffer. A very sad & hard day today. He almost made it to his 15th birthday, Feb. 28th.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:35 am 
User

I wish you all the best. Always sad to lose an animal with whom we build a relationship...

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]