It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: My emperor and future scorps in mind
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:33 pm 
User

Ok, so here is Mocha. I'm still not sure of the sex, but given its fairly small for a sub-adult, I'm willing to bet it's male. I'd need to get a clear pectine shot to be sure.

Anyways, everybody likes pictures, right ?

So I've had Mocha for 3 months now and he's been doing great. A great eater and a great pet hole too :p

My next scorp in my sight is B. jacksoni, followed by A. australis. I know it's quite a leap for #3, but given it can't blaze up the walls of an enclosure like a tarantula, I do believe I can handle this guy since I already practice safety precautions even with my emp. I rarely if ever go in with my bare hands, even if he's in his hide. I've got a nice pair of extra long feeding tongs to pick remains (if I find any) and "herd" crickets in the hide to speed up the feeding.

I had considered H. arizonensis but none are available through the canadian suppliers for the time being.

Post subject: Re: My emperor and future scorps in mind
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 am 
User

Wanted to edit my post above but couldn't. Since I share an appartement with a couple of others, I shouldn't even consider to own any buthids. I believe Hadogenes paucidens and Hadrurus arizonensis will be better and safer choices.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]