It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Space alien?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm 
User

Location: Any place in North America where 6 wheels can take me. See my website.
A space alien? A new character for a Saturday morning, kid's cartoon program? Next Christmas' newest teddy bear toy? A figment of some deranged science fiction artist's imagination?

The Astronomy Picture of the Day posted this photo today. While the creature looks like a space alien of some sort, or a figment of some artist's imagination, it's entirely real except for the color enhancement.

The photo is absolutely fantastic! Look at the detail. What are all those various little marks and spots? What do they represent? What might be their purpose? Sense organs? Secretory glands? Look at the mouth. A little rosette of teeth? Or, a mechanical coupler on a space craft? The creature appears to have 8 legs. Is that merely coincidence, or is it distantly related to arachnids? (Get more information here and here.)

While you're at it, follow the link to the source website and surf their galleries. While it's apparently a commercial site, the photography and artwork are phenomenal! And, often instructional too!

Enjoy.

Post subject: Re: Space alien?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:40 am 
User

The most disturbing part to me is the plastic looking mouth parts... :confused: cool website & info thank you.

Post subject: Re: Space alien?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:36 pm 
ATS Editor

Love this stuff and thank you for reminding me I need to change the vacuum-cleaner bag. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]